News & Notification
NOTICE INVITING TENDER
Sealed Tender/Quotations are invited from interested/experienced labour contractors, registered firms/parties for supply of items and fabrication works at Nazira College, Nazira. The last date of submission of tender is 18/02/2017 and will be opened on 20/02/2017.
Download Tender Notice
NOTICE INVITING TENDER
Sealed Tender/Quotations are invited from interested/experienced labour contractors, registered firms/parties for execution of newly constructed building at Nazira College, Nazira. The last date of submission of tender is 15/10/2016 and will be opened on 17/10/2016.
Download Tender Notice
ADMISSION NOTICE 2016-17
|Issue of Form||:01-06-2016|
|Date of Admission :|
|Higher Secondary (10+2):||:21-06-2016|
|Bachelor of Arts (BA):||:22-06-2016|
|Bachelor of Vocation (IT & FD)||:23-06-2016|
Free Admission list - 1st year (HS & BA)
Nazira College had organized a wonderful event on 21st August, 2015 named KAVISANDHI with Aniz Uz Zaman, an eminent Assamese poet under the supervision of Dr Karabi Deka Hazarika, an eminent writer of Assamese literature, convener of Sahitya Akademi Assamese language advisory committee, Professor of Lakhsminath Bezbarooa Chair, Department of Assamese, Dibrugarh university.
National Level Workshop on Micro Teaching.
A UGC Sponsored National Level Workshop on Micro Teaching was organised by the Deptt. of Education, Nazira College in collaboration with the District Elementary Education, Sivasagar on 16th & 17th October, 2015.
Teachers Donated a Bookself to the Library.
The Teacher Unit of Nazira College donated a Book Shelf to the Nazira College Library in the memory of Late Tayab Ullah, faculty member, Department of History, Nazira College. Elder Brother of Late Tayab Ullah has inaugurated the Bookshelf on 24/07/2014.
FROM THE PRINCIPAL DESK
The Key Facilities of our College
Scout & Guide
Students Aid Fund
The Nazira College is the higher educational institution in the Nazira Sub-division. It is located in the heart of Nazira Town of Sivasagar District, Assam. The college was established by a decision of a representative public meeting held on 18/8/1981 and convened at the initiative of a few educationist of Nazira town and surrounding and started functioning from 16th December 1981. it was uppermost in the minds of those who took the initiative for the founding of the college that should not only meet the growing needs for higher education of the people in and around Nazira, though not backward, yet educationally and culturally lagging behind, but should also act as a torch bearer of cultural progress and enlightenment by maintaining a living link with the society outside, and bring out the best among the learners.
It is note worthy feature of the college that the local publics have actively and enthusiastically participated in its development. It is their unstinted support, financial and physical that, in absence of any big donors, sustained the college till 1996 when the college was brought under the deficit system of grants-in-aid.
The college has a campus spread over 5.17 acres of land with adequate infrastructure facilities. The built up area of 1984 square meter provides the need of class rooms, Administrative building, Teacher's common room, Girl's common room and Library building of the college.
The college endeavours to be a premier institution, aiming at providing guidance to the students in the areas of the study habits. The college provides a plate form for student as wall as teachers for realizing the potentiality that latent within them through academic excellence , cultural activities and extension activities to taste the beauty of life, to overcome new challenges, to understand their skills in tune with the Greek philosopher, Socrates statement "Know thyself".
To fulfill the vision, students are sensitized to their roles and responsibilities towards society as wall as themselves through self-discipline, developing creativity and good academic performance.
The college inculcates civic responsibility through extension activities like NSS, NCC, Scout & Guide, Co-curricular & extra-curricular activities, social awareness programmes to enable students to perform well in examination, games and sports and community oriented extension activities etc.
1) Sri Purna Kanta Baruah, President
2) Dr. Raju Phukan, Principal & Secretary
3) Mrs. Jina Borborah, Ex- Officio Member
4) Mrs. Protiva Gogoi, Woman Gurdian Member
5) Sri Deepak Sharma, Guardian Member
6) Sri Dhurbajyoti Mahanta,Guardian Member
7) Dr. Hemnta Phukan, Nominated by University.
8) Dr. Punya dhar Gogoi, Nominated by University.
9) Sri Achyut Hazarika, Teacher Representative
10) Sri Gajen sharma, Teacher Representative
11) Mrs. Arpana Borgohain, Non-Teaching Staff.
Rules and Guidelines for Admission Procedure, Examination, Attendance etc.
Examination system for H.S Courses & Degree Courses:The students have to appear in the Final Examination conducted by AHSEC/ DU at the end of academic session and students will have to appear in Final Examination on the dates scheduled by the AHSEC/ DU.
Terminal Examination is held in the September/ October.
The first college examination will held as test. Besides these, two periodical examinations are held after the completion of the three months. All the examinations are compulsory and none can abstain from examinations without valid reasons.
Admission Procedure( For H.S. & Dergee Courses ): There is an admission committee in the college to conduct the admission. The committee is constituted with all the heads of the departments and Principal is the chairman of the committee. Following procedures are followed for admission.
- Application for admission to the college has to be made in the prescribed form issued by the college authority on payment of Rs. 30.00 only. with prospectus.
- Students are admitted to the college purely on the basis of merit. The Principal's decision regarding admission is final.
- A Student has to Produced the following document at the time of interview for admission.
- Original Mark sheets & Certificates of last examination ( HSLC onwards )
- A gap certificate to be produced who has passed qualifying examination earlier.
- One Passport size photograph
- Migration/ Transfer Certificate as the case may be
- A student may be allowed to change one subjects of combination only within one month of the admission. He/ She is to get permission from the Principal by applying on a plain paper, through respective head of the department for such change.
- H.S & T.D.C. 1st year students who fail to get promotion to the next higher class may also apply for admission along with the fresh applicants. However, they will not get any preference in respect of admission.
- There is a provission for reservation of sets for students belonging S.T. and S.C. categories as per Govt. rules. Prefernce shall be given to candidates with valid certificates issued by the competent authority.
General rules for maintenance of discipline among students:
- Great emphasis is laid on discipline and character building and students are expected to maintain a high standard of discipline. They are subject to rules and regulation of the College.
- The students admitted to the college must abide by all rules and regulation as prescribed by the college authority.
- All forms of ragging in hostels and College campus are prohibited. Severe disciplinary action will be taken if any one is found to be involved directly in ragging.
Attendance: Attendance in classes are compulsory. Students who do not attend at least 60% of the classes held will be discollegiate and will not be allowed to appear in the examination held by Council/ University. A student attending more than 60% but less than 75% classes will be treated as non-collegiate candidate and such category of students will have to pay Rs. 100/- as fine. A student failing to attend classes for 25 days at a time after admission of classes shall forfeit his/ her seat. Attendance in the practical classes is compulsory.
Participation in Extra Curricular Activates: Only academic activities cannot make a student fit for the future competitive world. It is expected that at all students should predicate in different extra curricular activities of the college.
How to Reach
The college is situated in the Nazira town within Sivasagar District of upper Assam. It is near the court of S.D.O. ( Civil ) of Nazira which is the Sub- Divisional head quarter of Nazira Sub- Divison. The Dhudar Ali and the Railway line are at a distance of 3 k.m.
Nazira College, NaziraBoarding Road, Nazira Sivasagar ( Assam )PIN 785685
Phone: (03772) 251083